Apple this week unveiled four new iPhone 15 models at its “Wonderlust” event. As always, there were many rumors leading up to the event that gave us an idea of what to expect from the devices, but not all of them were accurate.
Below, we have recapped some of the bigger hits and misses from the iPhone 15 rumor mill.
- All four iPhone 15 models were widely rumored to be equipped with a USB-C port.
- iPhone 15 Pro models have a customizable Action button, and the nine supported types of actions were accurately leaked.
- iPhone 15 Pro models have an A17 chip manufactured with a 3nm process, an increased 8GB of RAM, Wi-Fi 6E support, and a second-generation Ultra Wideband chip.
- iPhone 15 Pro models have thinner bezels around the screen.
- iPhone 15 Pro pricing starts at $999 for the 6.1-inch model, only Pro Max costs more.
- iPhone 15 Pro Max is exclusively capable of 5x optical zoom.
- iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Plus have the Dynamic Island, a frosted glass back, and a 48-megapixel main camera lens.
- iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max have a lightweight titanium frame available in Blue, Black, White, and Natural.
- iPhone 15 Pro models have a more repairable design like the iPhone 14 and 14 Plus.
- iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Plus are available in Black, Pink, Yellow, Blue, and Green.
- Apple abandoned plans to add solid-state buttons to the iPhone 15 Pro models, with the devices retaining physical buttons.
- “FineWoven” branding was used for non-leather Apple accessories.
- There is no “iPhone 15 Ultra” (an earlier rumor is a miss).
- Alongside the iPhone 15, the AirPods Pro charging case was updated with a USB-C port.
The second-generation Apple Watch Ultra is not available in Black Titanium.
With so many rumors shared leading up to the iPhone event, this list is far from comprehensive, so feel free to discuss other hits and misses in the comments section.
Apple’s “Wonderlust” event kicks off today at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time, where we’re expecting to see the iPhone 15 lineup, updated Apple Watch Series 9 and Apple Watch Ultra 2 models, a USB-C case update for AirPods Pro, and perhaps some other announcements. Apple is providing a live video stream on its website, on YouTube, and in the company’s TV app across various platforms. We will also be …
The iPhone 15 Pro is expected to feature a new midframe made from Grade 5 titanium, resulting in a substantially lighter device overall. Bloomberg’s Mark Gurman recently said that the iPhone 15 Pro could be up to 10 percent lighter than the iPhone 14 Pro. MacRumors has obtained the exact dimensions of the iPhone 15, iPhone 15 Pro, and iPhone 15 Pro Max, and the information appears to…
The iPhone 15 Pro is widely rumored to feature an all-new titanium frame. Over the past several months, a variety of credible sources such as Bloomberg’s Mark Gurman, Apple analyst Jeff Pu, and leaker ShrimpApplePro, have all claimed that Apple would be switching to titanium for the iPhone 15 Pro, finally replacing stainless steel. MacRumors has confirmation that Apple intends to use Grade 5 …
Update: Apple has officially announced the iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max. Apple is expected to unveil four new iPhone 15 models at its event on Tuesday, September 12, and the devices will likely be available to pre-order starting Friday, September 15. All four models are rumored to be equipped with a USB-C port and the Dynamic Island, while many additional features are expected for the…
We’re just one day away from Apple’s annual September event, and as usual, there have been several last-minute rumors about the iPhone 15 and other devices. The event begins on Tuesday at 10 a.m. Pacific Time, with a live stream to be available on YouTube, Apple’s website, and in the Apple Events app on the Apple TV. Below, we recap some recent rumors related to the iPhone 15 series, Apple…
Apple today announced the iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max, its latest flagship smartphones. The devices sport an array of new features, including a titanium frame, the A17 Pro chip, an Action Button, and more. The new titanium chassis has a brushed finish. It makes the iPhone lighter than any previous Pro model, while enhancing durability. The frame has a contoured edge for a more…